Grades: 8-12 | 90 students
Franklin Academy creates a community-focused boarding and day school where students with unique learning styles develop and strenghten academic and social competencies vital to the pursuit of college goals, professional aspirations, and fulfilling lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Nonverbal Learning Difference, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$79,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all inclusive, paid in quarterly installments or upfront with a $5,000.00 discount.|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Pope|
|Admissions Associate||Vince Schmidt|
- Our program is designed to support our students' learning style and to enhance their strengths, while responding appropriately to the challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder's.
- Compensatory strategies to address these challenges, as well as the development of social skills and independent living skills, are programmatic priorities.
- Franklin Academy's small classes, the multi-modal and differentiated instruction, and close student-faculty relationships are of particular benefit for all of our students.
- Three programs are available at Franklin Academy: High School; the Franklin Learning Institute, College program; and Summer Sojourn.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: 3-11 | 43 students
139 N Main St Boatner Bldg
West Hartford, CT 06107
NorwalkGrades: 4-12 | 72 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.