Grades: 8-12 | 90 students
Franklin Academy creates a community-focused boarding and day school where students with unique learning styles develop and strenghten academic and social competencies vital to the pursuit of college goals, professional aspirations, and fulfilling lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Nonverbal Learning Difference, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$79,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all inclusive, paid in quarterly installments or upfront with a $5,000.00 discount.|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Pope|
|Admissions Associate||Vince Schmidt|
- Our program is designed to support our students' learning style and to enhance their strengths, while responding appropriately to the challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder's.
- Compensatory strategies to address these challenges, as well as the development of social skills and independent living skills, are programmatic priorities.
- Franklin Academy's small classes, the multi-modal and differentiated instruction, and close student-faculty relationships are of particular benefit for all of our students.
- Three programs are available at Franklin Academy: High School; the Franklin Learning Institute, College program; and Summer Sojourn.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: 3-11 | 43 students
139 N Main St Boatner Bldg
West Hartford, CT 06107
NorwalkGrades: 4-12 | 72 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.