Grades: PK-5 | 160 students
We believe that learning a second language at an early age is a life-long advantage which will benefit our children both academically and cognitively.
Our goal is to create a safe, supportive, nurturing, international learning environment where students can develop fully in both French and English.
We have two other locations : Morris Plains, NJ and Jersey City, NJ.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,500|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Cathy Joly|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBallet, Basketball,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academie des Petits Chefs, Art, Music and Piano, Theater Art, Theater, Academie des Petits Chefs,
Music and Piano,
- A leader in bilingual education, The French American Academy offers students a private education in both French and English.
- The positive, nurturing, and creative learning environment blends traditional and progressive approaches with newer teaching techniques in order to promote greater cognitive and social growth, multi-cultural understanding, individual confidence and self-expression. An early and continuing bilingual education has been proven to strengthen a child’s fundamental ability to listen, reason, focus, multi-task, and communicate better. It also helps children perform better in non-language courses, like Math and Science. Finally, it promotes cultural fluency which helps children adapt more easily in today's global community.
- The French American Academy serves students from Pre-K through 5th grade. The Academy also hosts after school activities in French, enrichment classes, summer programs for children and language classes for adults. The French American Academy has three campus locations: New Milford, Morris Plains, and Jersey City, New Jersey. http://www.faacademy.org
- OPENING OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL IN JERSEY CITY IN SEPTEMBER 2016
Profile last updated: 11/06/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New MilfordGrades: 6-9 | 117 students
1092 Carnation Dr
New Milford, NJ 07646
BergenfieldGrades: PK-KG | 31 students
326 New Bridge Rd
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
New MilfordGrades: NS-8 | 156 students
817 River Road
New Milford, NJ 07646
River EdgeGrades: PK-K | 108 students
340 Bogert Rd
River Edge, NJ 07661
TeaneckGrades: PK-1 | 20 students
1200 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.