Grades: NS-5 | 242 students
The French Immersion School of Washington provides an excellent bilingual education in a welcoming environment that encourages critical thinking and curiosity.
We believe that by helping our children develop their intellect and character in a bilingual, bi-cultural environment, they learn respect and appreciation for cultural differences, thus better preparing them for their future in a multicultural workforce and global environment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||242 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,400|
|Tuition Notes||Cost above reflects elementary tuition. Preschool tuition is as follows: $15100 full time, $ 9900 5 Mornings, $6200 3 Mornings. Sibling discount available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Erin Brust|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ballet, Chess, Fencing, French Cooking, French Homework Help, Lego Robotics, Piano, Sewing, Theater, Tutoring, Yoga Art, Ballet, Chess, Fencing, French Cooking, Lego Robotics, Piano, Sewing, Theater, Tutoring, Yoga, French Homework Help,
- FISW is a preschool (age 2.5) through 5th grade bilingual, immersion school in Bellevue. Our curriculum is designed to cultivate students` openness to the world and challenge them in a nurturing environment that encourages risk-taking.
- Taught in French 75% of the day, and in English 25% of the day, students learn to take the "traditional skills" that every school teaches and use them to address new situations, to solve problems, to collaborate with others. Using these skills in real life situations helps students think critically, take initiative and use their imagination.
- Why bilingual? Studies show that children who learn a second language early in life have enhanced cognitive development. Bilingual students not only speak two languages fluently, but they have excellent mastery of their native language, often surpassing their monolingual peers. These studies also indicate that the regular use of two languages enhances a student`s ability in the areas of abstraction, symbolism, conceptualization, mathematics and problem solving.
- We would love to have you visit and find out more. Email email@example.com to schedule a visit to our school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevueGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
5027 159th Place Se
Bellevue, WA 98006
BellevueGrades: NS-8 | 246 students
2701 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
Bellevue, WA 98008
RedmondGrades: PK-6 | 317 students
7655 178th Place Ne
Redmond, WA 98052
RedmondGrades: NS-6 | 72 students
9041 166th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
SeattleGrades: K-5 | 106 students
914 Virginia Street
Seattle, WA 98101