|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
Other school association(s)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,125|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-school and Pre-K tuition is $8775 for full day students.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Rose Magrann|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus - Middle School, Drama Club - Middle School, Literary Club and Magazine - Middle School, Quarterly Clubs based on student interest (examples: Medieval Times, Scrapbooking, Fishing, Needlework, Fitness, etc), School-Wide Community Service Projects, Science Club - Lower and Middle Schools, Sports Club - Middle School, Yearbook - Middle School Chorus - Middle School,
Drama Club - Middle School,
Literary Club and Magazine - Middle School,
Quarterly Clubs based on student interest (examples: Medieval Times, Scrapbooking, Fishing, Needlework, Fitness, etc),
School-Wide Community Service Projects,
Science Club - Lower and Middle Schools,
Sports Club - Middle School,
Yearbook - Middle School,
- Founded in 1983 as Rancocas Friends Academy, our school began with a kindergarten class of only 14 students. Friends Academy has since grown to serve 189 students in pre-school through 8th grade.
- Friends Academy of Westampton recently built a new, 15-acre campus bordered by beautiful woods and farm fields conveniently located off of Route 295.
- In addition to its rigorous academics, our curriculum includes: Art, Computer Instruction, Foreign Language ~ French and Spanish, Health, Music, Physical Education, and Quaker Studies.
- Our values-based curriculum also includes Meeting for Worship, which entails a weekly, school-wide gathering for a reflective period of silence in the Quaker tradition.
- We are proud to have our parents as active members of our school community. Whether it's through membership in our Parent-Teacher Organization, reading and volunteering in the classroom, or joining the Development Committee, Friends Academy parents support our school, its students, teachers and activities.
- Our mission at Friends Academy is to maintain a dynamic, educational community that:
- provides an academic program that will challenge each student to achieve his/her highest potential;
- offers children a values-based education espousing the Friend's testimonies of equality, harmony, simplicity, community and stewardship;
- recognizes and nurtures each child as a unique and constantly growing individual with his/her own special gifts;
- provides an affordable education to a population that is economically and culturally diverse.
Profile last updated: 06/05/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mount HollyGrades: NS-8 | 217 students
250 High Street
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
Mount LaurelGrades: PK-12 | 84 students
530 Union Mill Rd.
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
BurlingtonGrades: PK-12 | 240 students
Burlington, NJ 08016
FlorenceGrades: PK-12 | 349 students
2045 Columbus Rd
Florence, NJ 08518
MedfordGrades: PK-8 | 436 students
196 Route 70
Medford, NJ 08055
|5.0 Stars 09/02/15|
Friends Academy of Westampton provides a wonderful learning environment, especially for middle school. At other schools, middle school can be a time when students feel torn down by others, at Friends Academy of Westampton, the students work together to build each other up into caring and confident individuals. I cannot recommend this school enough!
- Posted by Parent - cynth