Grades: PK-8 | 249 students
- Friends Academy, established in 1810, is a coeducational day school, located on a beautiful 65-acre campus in North Dartmouth, MA and serves children from early childhood through grade 8.
- The rigorous academic curriculum is enriched by offerings in world languages, technology, art, music, drama, library, and physical education.
- Highlights of our program include Spanish beginning in grade 1, Latin in grade 6, personal laptop computers issued to each student in the Middle School, fall and spring music theater, and competitive sports year-round.
- Our Outdoor Education program offers a state-of-the-art high and low ropes course along campus trails and canoeing on the Paskamansett River which runs through the campus.
- The Sally Borden Program at Friends Academy offers a unique educational opportunity for children with language-based learning differences such as difficulty acquiring reading, spelling, written expression, math, organizational and/or study skills due to dyslexia and/or a specific learning difference.
- Our diverse student body comes from various Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities and graduates enter leading preparatory schools.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See current school year tuition rates on school's web site.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Deane|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Enrichment courses may include dance classes, mountain biking, yoga, skateboarding, frisbee, Chorus and Musical Theatre After-School Enrichment courses may include dance classes, mountain biking, yoga, skateboarding, frisbee,
Chorus and Musical Theatre,
- Children must be age 3 and toilet trained by September 1 to be eligible for our Early Childhood Program. Children must be age 5 by September 1 to be eligible for our kindergarten.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ProvidenceGrades: NS-8 | 180 students
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
PortsmouthGrades: NS-8 | 185 students
110 Sandy Point Ave Litle Slocum Farm
Portsmouth, RI 02871
ProvidenceGrades: NS-12 | 362 students
301 Butler Ave
Providence, RI 02906
NewportGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
180 Rhode Island Ave
Newport, RI 02840
Fall RiverGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
850 Pearce St
Fall River, MA 02720
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.