Grades: NS-5 | 240 students
- Since its establishment in 1845 by the Religious Society of Friends, Friends' Central School, a coeducational, college preparatory day school for nursery through grade 12, has been guided by Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
- Underlying all facets of school life is the belief that "there is that of God in everyone." Meeting for Worship is central, providing time for connections among members of the community and between individuals and their spiritual sources.
- Peaceful resolution of conflicts, seeking truth, and collaborative process are key aspects of a Friends' Central education.
- Friends' Central offers rigorous and varied educational experiences in academics, arts, and athletics, helping each student to realize his or her true potential and achieve at the highest level possible.
- We encourage trial and error, critical thinking and questioning, and intellectual courage in all areas of our curriculum.
- We strive to balance competence in using sophisticated technology with the richness of a humanistic education.
- Students' individual interests are encouraged and supported while essential skills are carefully honed.
- We intentionally seek a wide spectrum of diversity in our school community.
- We respect unreservedly that diversity and strive to enhance and support it.
- Diversity influences how we teach, learn, and communicate.
- It enriches the community and furthers understanding that each human life is intrinsically valuable and interrelated, one with another.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Randy Roach|
|Admissions Associate||Cynthia Harris|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GladwyneGrades: NS-8 | 251 students
920 Youngsford Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 37 students
5447 Chester Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19143
HaverfordGrades: NS-8 | 108 students
851 Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
LansdowneGrades: K-6 | 93 students
110 N Lansdowne Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.