Grades: K-12 | 728 students
- Friends Seminary educates students from kindergarten through twelfth grade, under the care of the New York Quarterly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- Through instruction and example, students follow their curiosity and exercise their imaginations as they develop as scholars, artists and athletes.
- In a community that cultivates the intellect through keen observation, critical thinking and coherent expression, we strive to respond to one another, valuing the single voice as well as the effort to reach consensus.
- The disciplines of silence, study and service provide the matrix for growth: silence opens us to change; study helps us to know the world; service challenges us to put our values into practice.
- At Friends Seminary, education occurs within the context of the Quaker belief in the Inner Light – that of God in every person.
- Guided by the ideals of integrity, peace, equality, and simplicity, and by our commitment to diversity, we do more than prepare students for the world that is we help them bring about the world that ought to be.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Friends Seminary also viewed these schools: Dalton School, Calhoun School, Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School, Trinity School and LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 999 students
139 W 91st St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.