Welcome to Fusion Academy and Learning Center – a school that specializes in helping students with very individualized needs through a unique approach to learning and life.
At Fusion Academy, we're masters at working with students who simply do not fit the mold of traditional schools.
Individualism is not only accepted in our world, it is embraced and celebrated.
We offer an accredited school for students in grades 6-12.
By utilizing a one-to-one method of teaching, we are able to recognize and encourage each student's talents and abilities while providing a completely customized program.
This comprehensive approach combined with Fusion's nurturing environment and culture allows students to thrive.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild-Moderate Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Astronomy, English 9-12, Alegbra I, Alegebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Japanese, Spanish, French, US History, World History, Economics, Government, Music Theory|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on the number of classes in which a student is enrolled|
|Admissions Director||Cody Pileski|
|Admissions Associate||David Burrus|
- First, let us say thank you for your interest in our school. Your decision to consider an independent school was surely influenced by many factors, and it's a challenge to find just the right one for your child . . . especially if your child is experiencing learning, emotional, or social difficulties. That is most likely what has led you to us. We are unlike any other school you have ever encountered, and we are proud of that.
- As you've sifted through brochure after brochure, made phone call after phone call, met with school official after school official, perhaps you've come to the conclusion that there just aren't many schools out there that specialize in dealing with unique students who have very individualized needs. Hence, Fusion Academy.
- We are masters at working with the kids who just don't fit in the traditional educational box or mold. Different is accepted in our world, and part of our mission is to teach your child that. There is no shame in having learning difficulties, in experiencing emotional challenges, in having made mistakes. The trick is to meet them head on, and learn to surmount them.
- We are committed to not only teaching these unique and amazing children today, but imprinting lasting lessons on them they can carry through their entire lives. We are prepared to give your child the utmost in academic excellence as well as skills that will serve them well as they enter our global community.
- Personalized Learning - Fusion Academy utilizes the Personalized Learning model as its foundation for excellence. Personalized Learning is a state-of-the-art educational model that is involves tailoring teaching methods to the needs and interests of each individual student. Personalized Learning is a 21st-century, on-the-leading-edge approach to education that honors and recognizes the unique gifts,skills,passions,and attributes of each student. Fusion is dedicated to developing individualized programs for each child,with the intent being to engage them in the learning process and to optimize their learning potential and success.
- Music & Art Education - We believe that music and art are integral to the development of the whole child. While other schools and districts are slashing their funds for the arts, Fusion Academy consistently pours its resources into our remarkable music department, offering a full-scale, professional-grade recording studio and classes in not only a variety of musical instruments, but also the technological side of music. Fusion honors the musical tastes of each student, and individualizes lessons and classes to reflect the special talents and interests of each learner.
- ART - Our students flourish in a creative environment, and often find themselves while exploring the various types of artistic self-expression.In a pop culture riddled with emphasis on external appearances and judgment, Fusion prides itself on ensuring that our students are able to look beyond what the eye alone can see. We subscribe wholeheartedly to Aristotle's statement that the aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
- Therapeutic Component - Fusion offers the opportunity for outside therapeutic professionals to integrate their services into our students' school-day schedules. Transportation can be provided if the therapeutic professional is nearby. Also, Fusion Academy employs a family therapist and addiction/substance abuse professional who is available to work directly with all Fusion families when necessary.
- Mentoring - Each Fusion Academy student is assigned a Lead Teacher: a mentor who acts as a case manager/advocate for your child. The Lead is responsible for assisting your child in navigating his or her way through the school experience. Leads act as guides, counselors, friends, and confidantes. All students are required to connect with their Lead to be signed out of school at the conclusion of each school day.
- Lunch & Social Interaction - Many parents may have concerns about their children not having opportunities for social interaction with other children at Fusion Academy because of the one-on one structure of the school environment. However, students are strongly encouraged to socialize with each other before, during, and after school hours. For example, during lunchtime, permission is given to students (on an individual basis) to leave campus and walk to any of the nearby restaurants to get their lunches.Students enjoy this freedom very much, as it allows them to socialize with each and create bonds with their classmates. We have found that most of our students develop strong friendships with each other that transcend grade levels, courses of instruction, or geographical areas. Friendships based on open communication, honesty, and respect. We also support student socialization through offshoot programs including Camp Fusion, Fusion Band,and weekly schoolwide meetings.
- Homework Café The Homework Café ©s a multipurpose group area where students can complete their homework, eat lunch, undertake group art activities, have schoolwide meetings, enjoy conversation, and relax after their homework is finished. All students have Homework Café ³scheduled into each school day, and are not allowed to leave campus prior to all homework being completed.
- PE - All students benefit from movement! We offer Physical Education as a group activity. Included in the PE curriculum are a beach-activity unit, a golf unit, and a strength-training unit.
- California high school requirements include four years of English, three years each of mathematics, two years of science, two years of language, three years of social studies/history, one year of visual/performing arts,two years of physical education, one semester of Health,and 45 elective credits. Fusion Academy also requires one year of Life Skills in order to graduate. Fusion Academy offers a full range of courses that meet all California high school graduation requirements,as well as classes that we have specifically created for our student population.
- Sciences: Earth Space, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Marine Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, History & Social Studies
- US History World History Government Economics Cultural Geography
- English English 9 English 10 English 11 English 12 Humanities
- Special Courses Life Skills Computers Health Physical Eduation
- Mathematics Basic Math Pre-Calculus Pre-Algebra Calculus Algebra 1 Algebra 2 Geometry Consumer & Business Math
- Visual & Performing Arts Guitar Studio Art Drums Art History Bass Screenwriting Voice Acting & Drama Music Theory Recording Arts
- Languages Spanish 1 Spanish 2 Spanish 3 French 1 French 2
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Solana BeachGrades: NS-8 | 233 students
623 S Nardo Avenue
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Solana BeachGrades: K-6 | 16 students
722 Genevieve St Ste C
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Solana BeachGrades: PK-12 | 999 students
838 Academy Drive
Solana Beach, CA 92075
San DiegoGrades: 6-12 | 55 students
11555 Clews Ranch Road
San Diego, CA 92130
Solana BeachGrades: PK-K | 220 students
120 Stevens Ave
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.