- Garden School was founded in 1923 to meet the need for a high-quality, independent school in Queens.
- This mission remains unchanged as the faculty and administration work to offer the student body the best possible education in an atmosphere where both individual goals and those of the community are respected and nurtured.
- At Garden School we focus on helping our students develop the skills they need to thrive in school and in life.
- All children are uniquely talented and have their own learning styles, so we combine time-tested teaching methods with creative approaches to reach out to all of our learners.
- Garden School offers a one-year English Language Academy (ELA) program for international students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English, AP French, AP Modern European History, AP Spanish, AP US History, Political Philosophy (H),|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,800|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Sohmer (7-11) and William Vogel (N-6)|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Jackson HeightsGrades: PK-10 | 575 students
81-10 35th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Forest HillsGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
East ElmhurstGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
3220 108th St
East Elmhurst, NY 11369
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024