Grades: K-8 | 306 students
- Gardena Valley Christian School is a K-8th grade, private school, in its forty-eighth year of dedicated service, providing a superior Christian education to the children of Southern California’s South Bay.
- Our mission is to prepare young people to be responsible, moral, problem-solving, Christian citizens effecting positive and innovative changes for tomorrow’s world.
- To accomplish this goal, we provide a foundation for the development of the whole child – mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- A superior academic program emphasizes the fundamentals of God’s Word integrated through communication skills, mathematics, science, and history.
- Fine arts, computer, athletics, and other activities supplement the traditional subjects and help students discover their gifts and talents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Elderwear navy pants and solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student council, choir, drama,, dance, piano, drums, and violin lessons, speech meet, spelling bee, math olympics, community outreach projects, Washington, DC trip, Oceanography trip, Sacramento trip, science camp, swimming choir, drama,, swimming, Student council,
dance, piano, drums, and violin lessons,
speech meet, spelling bee, math olympics, community outreach projects, Washington, DC trip, Oceanography trip, Sacramento trip, science camp,
- Gardena Valley christian School provides
- computer instruction
- supervised computer labs for research
- library with full-time librarian
- hot lunch and breakfast served
- before and after school day care
- music and art instruction for all students
- cultural diversity celebration
Profile last updated: 12/07/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GardenaGrades: K-8 | 227 students
13510 Van Ness Ave
Gardena, CA 90249
ComptonGrades: PK-8 | 313 students
1300 E Palmer St
Compton, CA 90221
Redondo BeachGrades: PK-8 | 158 students
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
GardenaGrades: 1-8 | 218 students
1003 W 163rd St
Gardena, CA 90247
GardenaGrades: K-5 | 55 students
16311 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.