Grades: K-12 | 50 students
- Established in 2005, Gateway Academy is the only not for profit private day school in the State of Arizona specializing in a pure population of students with Asperger's syndrome, High Functioning Autism, and PDD-nos.
- We specialize in working with children and students whose behavior can often be very challenging and whose individual needs are all very different.
- Our intent is to deliver the highest level of education and care according to individual needs within a safe, positive, and structured environment, where every student can achieve the best possible outcome in order to offer a complete integration of education, socialization, and therapy, Gateway Academy has its own individual qualities that are unique.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Any difference requiring differentiated education.|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes: Occupational Therapy; Speech and Language Therapy|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||O. Robin Sweet/Nikki Georgia|
|Admissions Associate||Nikki Georgia/Program Director|
- Gateway Academy’s main objective is to achieve the best possible outcome for the individual according to their needs and abilities. Almost every student we provide for has previously experienced difficulties in their education, which is why we intend to provide our students stability and maximize their individual potential. Gateway Academy adopts a multidisciplinary approach to education with individually tailored education programs designed to meet the needs of the student. The multidisciplinary team includes teachers, staff, therapists, educational psychologists and psychiatrists, who work together to meet the individual needs of the student. Individual Education Plans (IEP) are implemented to ensure that programs of education are adapted and modified to each individual according to their needs and abilities. Each student is recognized as having innate abilities, aptitudes and talents, and it is our intent to develop these to the fullest through the IEP. Our students education is differentiated according to each student’s ability. The development of communication, personal and social skills usually forms a large part of their IEP, with an emphasis placed on establishing appropriate social and emotional behavior in school and community settings. Many of our children and students have experienced difficulties in mainstream school settings, they may have been excluded from school or have had problems at home because of their complex and challenging needs. Later school start time allows students and their families to settle back into education at a more relaxed pace, while developing a positive structure and routine in a safe environment.Gateway Academy offers the highest level of integrated education and support in a safe, structured, and positive environment. This framework ensures security, develops self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-reliance to provide a pathway towards independence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: K-12 | 263 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
GilbertGrades: K-12 | 184 students
875 S Cooper Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 36 students
22415 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
TempeGrades: 1-12 | 100 students
1515 S. Indian Bend Road
Tempe, AZ 85281
ScottsdaleGrades: NS-8 | 404 students
9590 E Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.