Grades: K-12 | 50 students
- Established in 2005, Gateway Academy is the only not for profit private day school in the State of Arizona specializing in a pure population of students with Asperger's syndrome, High Functioning Autism, and PDD-nos.
- We specialize in working with children and students whose behavior can often be very challenging and whose individual needs are all very different.
- Our intent is to deliver the highest level of education and care according to individual needs within a safe, positive, and structured environment, where every student can achieve the best possible outcome in order to offer a complete integration of education, socialization, and therapy, Gateway Academy has its own individual qualities that are unique.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Any difference requiring differentiated education.|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes: Occupational Therapy; Speech and Language Therapy|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||O. Robin Sweet/Nikki Georgia|
|Admissions Associate||Nikki Georgia/Program Director|
- Gateway Academy’s main objective is to achieve the best possible outcome for the individual according to their needs and abilities. Almost every student we provide for has previously experienced difficulties in their education, which is why we intend to provide our students stability and maximize their individual potential. Gateway Academy adopts a multidisciplinary approach to education with individually tailored education programs designed to meet the needs of the student. The multidisciplinary team includes teachers, staff, therapists, educational psychologists and psychiatrists, who work together to meet the individual needs of the student. Individual Education Plans (IEP) are implemented to ensure that programs of education are adapted and modified to each individual according to their needs and abilities. Each student is recognized as having innate abilities, aptitudes and talents, and it is our intent to develop these to the fullest through the IEP. Our students education is differentiated according to each student’s ability. The development of communication, personal and social skills usually forms a large part of their IEP, with an emphasis placed on establishing appropriate social and emotional behavior in school and community settings. Many of our children and students have experienced difficulties in mainstream school settings, they may have been excluded from school or have had problems at home because of their complex and challenging needs. Later school start time allows students and their families to settle back into education at a more relaxed pace, while developing a positive structure and routine in a safe environment.Gateway Academy offers the highest level of integrated education and support in a safe, structured, and positive environment. This framework ensures security, develops self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-reliance to provide a pathway towards independence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: K-12 | 263 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 36 students
22415 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
GilbertGrades: K-12 | 184 students
875 S Cooper Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
PhoenixGrades: K-12 | 203 students
5048 East Oak Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
ScottsdaleGrades: K-12 | 44 students
6436 E Sweetwater Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.