Grades: 3-12 | 65 students
- The Gateway School of Carteret, NJ has approximately 105 students from twenty-six school districts representing five counties in central New Jersey.
- It is staffed with 65 of New Jersey’s finest educators and special education staff.
- The warmth and vitality that fills the school creates a great environment to provide the students support and encouragement to learn and develop individual interests.
- The school is located in Carteret, New Jersey and currently serves children, adolescents and young adults from 5 to 21 years old.
- The students come from sending districts in Middlesex, Monmouth, Essex, Union, Hudson and Passaic counties.
- Tuition and transportation costs are provided by the local school districts.
- The mission of Gateway School is to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment dedicated to the vision that individuals with disabling conditions are entitled to a full and meaningful life.
- The school seeks to empower each student with skills for life, work, and recreation, believing that every individual possesses the dignity and potential to contribute to a better world.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Gateway School also viewed these schools: Newmark K-8 and Newmark High School, Academy360 Lower School (Formerly The Children's Institute), Banyan Elementary School, Deron School 1 and ECLC of New Jersey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Scotch PlainsGrades: K-12
1000 Cellar Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
VeronaGrades: NS-9 | 71 students
1 Sunset Ave
Verona, NJ 07044
FairfieldGrades: K-8 | 36 students
12 Hollywood Ave
Fairfield, NJ 07004
UnionGrades: PK | 105 students
1140 Commerce Ave
Union, NJ 07083
ChathamGrades: K-12 | 200 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
Gateway provides a warm, nurturing environment for students with a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs. Children can be successful at this school even when they have not been able to fit in other settings. Many opportunities are provided for students to develop new strengths and explore interests. The athletic and music programs are wonderful, with Special Olympics offered in three sports, and four musicals or talent shows take place during each school year. The staff are very dedicated and help students feel safe and valued.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.