Grades: 3-12 | 65 students
- The Gateway School of Carteret, NJ has approximately 105 students from twenty-six school districts representing five counties in central New Jersey.
- It is staffed with 65 of New Jersey’s finest educators and special education staff.
- The warmth and vitality that fills the school creates a great environment to provide the students support and encouragement to learn and develop individual interests.
- The school is located in Carteret, New Jersey and currently serves children, adolescents and young adults from 5 to 21 years old.
- The students come from sending districts in Middlesex, Monmouth, Essex, Union, Hudson and Passaic counties.
- Tuition and transportation costs are provided by the local school districts.
- The mission of Gateway School is to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment dedicated to the vision that individuals with disabling conditions are entitled to a full and meaningful life.
- The school seeks to empower each student with skills for life, work, and recreation, believing that every individual possesses the dignity and potential to contribute to a better world.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Gateway provides a warm, nurturing environment for students with a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs. Children can be successful at this school even when they have not been able to fit in other settings. Many opportunities are provided for students to develop new strengths and explore interests. The athletic and music programs are wonderful, with Special Olympics offered in three sports, and four musicals or talent shows take place during each school year. The staff are very dedicated and help students feel safe and valued.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.