Grades: 1-10 | 24 students
- Located in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia, Georgia Mountains Christian Academy has been providing education with a higher purpose since 1981.
- GMCA (previously Central Heights Christian School) serves students in K3-10th grade.
- GMCA is in the process of rebuilding its high school program, adding a grade each year.
- The process will be completed in 2012 with the first GMCA graduating class.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-10|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||K3/K4 Tuition: $2,450 per year. K5-10th Tuition: $4,000 per year.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Nicole Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Nancy Batten|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4-H, Middle and High School Service Team, National Beta Club, National Junior Beta Club, Photography Club, Yearbook Staff 4-H, Yearbook Staff, Middle and High School Service Team,
National Beta Club,
National Junior Beta Club,
- Application: An application may be printed at gmcaga.com, requested by phone, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by simply stopping by the academy office.
- Tour of Campus/Overview Meeting: A tour of the campus is a great opportunity to see GMCA at work. It is also a good opportunity to get to know the administration, faculty, and students that make GMCA special.
- Application and Admissions Forms: Forms that must be returned along with the application include: -Transcripts/School Records -Medical Records/Immunizations -Birth Certificate -Ear, Eye, and Dental Screen (K-5 Only) -Medical Release Form -Parental Commitment Form -Previous Teacher Recommendation Form (Elementary, Middle and High School Only) -Grandparent Information Form
- Registration Fee: The registration fee is $125.00 per family until July 1, 2008. After this date, the price increases to $150.00 per family. This fee is non-refundable and is required when the application is received.
- Placement Testing: Placement testing will be scheduled by the academy. The cost of testing is $25 per test. You will be notified of testing results as soon as possible.
- Personal Interview with Administrator: This interview is conducted with the applicant and parent(s)/guardian(s). It is an opportunity to discuss any issues that arose during the application or testing process. It also gives the parent(s)/guardian(s) the occasion to ask any final questions.
Profile last updated: 05/31/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClevelandGrades: PK-12 | 72 students
67 Academy Dr
Cleveland, GA 30528
Mount AiryGrades: K-12 | 34 students
243 Hazel Creek Church Rd
Mount Airy, GA 30563
ClarkesvilleGrades: NS-4 | 87 students
181 Jefferson Street
Clarkesville, GA 30523
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.