Grades: PK-12 | 206 students
- GCS exists primarily to assist parents in fulfilling their divine responsibility to train thoroughly each child to obey God in every area of life.
- This is accomplished by providing programs of learning experiences to guide the individual student in understanding, appreciating and relating to the truth of God as revealed in His Word, His world and in the Holy Spirit. Academically, the school seeks to provide a learning program which is flexible and comprehensive enough to offer the best education possible for each individual student.
- Additional supportive programs include a nurturing daycare for children(newborn-12th grade), a kindergarten preparatory preschool program, a competitive athletic program, and a fine arts and music program.
- In the final analysis, it is the purpose of Gilead Christian School to help the student to grow as Jesus grew, "in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and Man.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All Mild Differences|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||50 courses|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo shirts and khaki pants or skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,650|
|Tuition Notes||K- $2,689 1-5 $4,361 6- $4,468 7-8 $4,650 9-12 $4,778|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$21,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||K-6 Lisa Baker-419-947-5739; 7-12 Mandy Rich 419-946-5990|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Bowling,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MansfieldGrades: PK-12 | 552 students
500 Logan Rd
Mansfield, OH 44907
WestervilleGrades: PK-12 | 178 students
2655 W Schrock Rd
Westerville, OH 43081
PowellGrades: PK-12 | 337 students
284 S Liberty St
Powell, OH 43065
My daughter and son attend Gilead Christian and have since birth 2004 & 2008. Both children have excelled in the program and the structure of learning the bible and about Christ make the program a wonderful place to be. My children love the classroom sizes and are given the attention they need to excel. I have a daughter who is a straight A student and a son who is just reaching the end of kindergarten and is in the top 3 of his class of 19. The schools views and love of the children shine through and the cost is very low considering the average of school tuitions. Thank you GCS for being the school of choice for our family!
- Posted by Parent - patti
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.