Grades: K-12 | 60 students
- Since 1870, Gillis has been dedicated to serving the needs of children and families of Kansas City.
- Gillis’ services have undergone many changes over the years.
- From our beginnings as a support service for families following the Civil War, to our years as an orphanage, to the current focus of assisting troubled children and their families to become healthy and self-sufficient, we have remained steadfast to our original mission of helping the “needy and distressed” of Kansas City.
- Gillis is also committed to serving the needs of children and families in the future.
- Our strong foundation and quality care and innovative vision will guide us as we adjust to the changes of the 21st century.
- The mission of Gillis is to help at-risk children and their families become contributing members of the community through education, counseling and social services.
- The vision of Gillis is that all children will live in emotionally stable, safe and nurturing families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.