Grades: NS-7 | 426 students
- Gloria Dei Lutheran School is located in the Fox Hill area of Hampton, near Ft. Monroe and Langley Air Force Base.
- For over 30 years Gloria Dei Lutheran School has taught children in a nurturing environment in which children are encouraged emotionally, socially, academically, physically and spiritually to be the best they can be.
- Educational programs are offered for students 2 years of age through 7th grade.
- An enriched academic program using phonics based reading, accelerated spelling and A Beka math provides students with a strong, solid foundation.
- A wide variety of resource classes are available for enrichment - Art, PE, Music, Spanish, Science, Computers, Library and Chapel.
- Child care is offered before and after school.
- Transportaion is available.
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Total Students||426 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Linda K. Robinson - Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band 4th - 7th grade, Chorus 3yr. old - 7th grade, Handbells 4th - 7th grade Band 4th - 7th grade,
Chorus 3yr. old - 7th grade,
Handbells 4th - 7th grade,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Newport NewsGrades: PK-5 | 95 students
45 Main Street
Newport News, VA 23601
HamptonGrades: NS-7 | 113 students
403 Whealton Rd.
Hampton, VA 23666
HamptonGrades: PK-KG | 22 students
225 Chapel St
Hampton, VA 23669
Newport NewsGrades: PK-4 | 105 students
11790 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 200
Newport News, VA 23606
HamptonGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
14 N Willard Ave
Hampton, VA 23663
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.