Grades: 8-12 | 93 students
- Good Shepherd Center operates within the framework and heritage of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd.
- The Sisters opened the first House of the Good Shepherd in Maryland in 1864.
- The Sisters of the Good Shepherd were founded by St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier (1796-1868) who founded 110 houses in her lifetime to help girls and women in crisis.
- The Good Shepherd Center provides a continuum of services that combines treatment, residential and educational services for adolescent girls and their families who are experiencing personal, family and societal conflicts.
- With over 140 years of experience, the Good Shepherd Center has served over 30,000 girls and their families in Maryland.
- All of the Good Shepherd programs are built upon a philosophy which is focused on the uniqueness and value of the person.
- It is concerned with human potential, its individuality and self-confidence in coping effectively with daily living.
- Good Shepherd’s professional, competent and caring staff provide an atmosphere of understanding acceptance and an invitation to growth.
- Each member attempts to open new vistas of hope for each girl and her family.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HalethorpeGrades: K-8 | 129 students
1810 Fairview Ave
Halethorpe, MD 21227
AnnapolisGrades: K-12 | 500 students
110 Shiley Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
603 Saint Agnes Ln
Baltimore, MD 21229
BaltimoreGrades: 5-8 | 67 students
139 First Ave
Baltimore, MD 21227
CatonsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 374 students
26 Melvin Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.