Grades: K-8 | 112 students
Grace Classical Academy is a K-8th grade school committed to giving students the tools for learning through a Christian worldview by means of a classical Christian model for education.
We plan to add grades as we grow to eventually accommodate grades Kindergarten - 12th.
Our mission is to cultivate wise and virtuous students through the classical tradition in a distinctively Christ-centered way.
This serves to prepare students for a God-glorifying life characterized by appreciating and applying truth, beauty and goodness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||varies by need|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
|Tuition Notes||* 10% discount for siblings * Monthly payment options are available * Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying families|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Charlotte Cablay|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Track and FieldCross Country, Track and Field,
- Grace Classical Academy is South Orange County's first Classical, Christian School offering a classical education taught through a Christian worldview. Classical education is nothing new. In fact, it was an educational system that was developed over 2000 years ago. Modern applications of this time-tested model are gaining momentum in Classical, Christian schools all over our nation and Grace Classical Academy is proud to be numbered among them. Grace Classical Academy opened her doors in the Fall of 2003 with three board members, nine full-time students and three full-time teachers. The school rented space in Crossroads Community Church in Mission Viejo. This was a year in which teachers (both fulltime and part-time), volunteers, parents, and board members made great sacrifices in order to insure the future of the school. Since then, the Academy has grown considerably. We now have a permanent home in Laguna Niguel at Grace Church with land to expand, we have a solid team of faculty and staff, and our school community is made up of like-minded Christian parents who are committed to classical Christian education for their children - confident that GCA will reinforce the Christian worldview they present to their children and equip them with the tools for life-long learning. At Grace Classical Academy, you will find:
- Experienced, caring, Christian faculty passionate about education
- Low teacher to student ratio helps maximize student learning
- Purposeful field trips bring to life classroom studies
- Inspiring drama productions as well as choir, music and art history
- Time-tested classical model of education including age-appropriate instruction in Latin and Logic
- Core subjects such as mathematics, science, writing, reading and history taught with Christ at the center
- High - quality literature selections that model truth, beauty and goodness
- Christ-centered discipline focused on shepherding students' minds and hearts
- An extraordinary education in how to think rightly; so necessary and practical for students in our culture today It is our earnest desire to see God continue to build this work in order that we might serve like-minded families in training and educating children in the way of the Lord, through the 12th grade. Our teachers are Christians wholly devoted to Christ and model the Christian life for our students. Our teachers are expected to have mastery of the subject they teach, while possessing a high aptitude and love for teaching. A prerequisite for teaching at Grace is agreement with Grace Classical Academy's statement of faith, a firm understanding of classical Christian education and a Bachelor's Degree.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mission ViejoGrades: K-8 | 237 students
24741 Chrisanta Drive
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-5 | 149 students
29028 Aloma Avenue
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Mission ViejoGrades: 5-12 | 19 students
23052 Alicia Pkwy # H107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Laguna NiguelGrades: K-8 | 57 students
27632 El Lazo
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Laguna HillsGrades: PK-KG | 84 students
23802 Avenida De La Carlota
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.