Grades: PK-8 | 509 students
Grace-St. Luke's has been educating children since 1947.
We are a coeducational, Episcopal, pre-kindergarten through eighth grade school in the heart of Midtown Memphis.
While we are located in the historic Central Gardens neighborhood, our students come to us not only from Midtown but from all parts of Memphis as well as Arkansas and Mississippi. Our well-earned reputation of preparing confident learners and good citizens is known throughout the city and larger community.
As a leading independent school in the city of Memphis, it is our mission to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens in their communities and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,995|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $7,150 for pre-kindergarten to $12,995 for eighth grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,200|
|Admissions Director||Shelly McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Honor Council, Honor Society, Thespian Society, Ambassadors Club, Student Council, Yearbook Honor Council, Yearbook, Honor Society, Thespian Society, Ambassadors Club,
- Our NAEYC-accredited Miss Lee’s Preschool offers a play-based curriculum that encourages children to seek solutions to various challenges, be they academic, social, or emotional. In Lower School (grades SK-4), we begin our character development program and foster leadership through partnerships with younger students.
- Our curricula is intentionally selected and taught to foster critical thinking skills, even at the elementary level.
- Our Middle School program (grades 5-8) develops the whole child—on academic, social, emotional, and physical levels—for the rigors of high school. By fostering independence through leadership opportunities and high academic standards, our students graduate fully prepared for the challenges of high school.
Profile last updated: 11/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 861 students
1381 W Massey Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
GermantownGrades: NS-PK | 150 students
2331 Germantown Rd
Germantown, TN 38138
GermantownGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
Germantown, TN 38138
GermantownGrades: PK-KG | 115 students
8245 Farmington Blvd
Germantown, TN 38139
MemphisGrades: PK-8 | 228 students
30 Avon Road
Memphis, TN 38117
Both of my children have attended GSL since pre-kindergarten. I am thrilled with our school choice. GSL is a great balance of strong academics with a warm, friendly atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent, 07/24/15