- Grace Valley Christian Academy provides a superior education at an affordable cost.
- Our kindergarten through eighth grade program serves students in Davis and the surrounding communities.
- GVCA is located on a 20-acre campus in idyllic West Davis where our students experience the beauty of God`s creation every day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms Required )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition listed for one student. Can be paid in 10 monthly installments of $470 per month (August - May).|
|Admissions Director||Sharon Broderick|
- Grace Valley Christian Academy provides a superior education at an affordable cost. Our kindergarten through eighth grade program serves students in Davis and the surrounding communities. GVCA is located on a 20-acre campus in idyllic West Davis where our students experience the beauty of God`s creation every day.
- Since 1998, GVCA has successfully implemented the Core Knowledge curriculum, establishing a reputation for Christian character training and academic excellence. Instructors at GVCA are dedicated to the spiritual and academic progress of each student. With small class sizes-no more than 20 in each grade-teachers and aides provide thorough and individualized instruction. We emphasize self-discipline and teach our students to live upright and godly lives. Our rules encourage students to honor authority, and to be polite, productive, prompt, and prepared.
- We offer a comprehensive curriculum, which includes classic literature, history from a Christian worldview, a sequential writing program, hands-on science, and challenging math courses at all grade levels. Students also enjoy many other courses such as art, music, choir, Spanish, Bible courses, physical education, and robotics. Our students receive a rich and well-rounded education and perform exceptionally well on standardized tests.
- For more information, or to schedule a campus tour, please call the school office at 530.758.6590.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SacramentoGrades: NS-8 | 200 students
6115 Riverside Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95831
SacramentoGrades: PK-12 | 1081 students
9470 Micron Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95827
SacramentoGrades: PK-12 | 1137 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
SacramentoGrades: PK-8 | 310 students
3920 W Land Park Dr
Sacramento, CA 95822
SacramentoGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2251 Irvin Way
Sacramento, CA 95822
I have been going to this school since kindergarten, and I am now entering 7th grade. I had to leave in the middle of 6th grade because of a forced move. I had to try two different schools in the process. GVCA is the best school I have yet to go to and means everything to me! The teachers are kind and caring and have a great sense of humor while we learn. The curriculum is very advanced, but the teachers explain everything so well that there is almost no way you can't pass. The kids here are amazing and accepting, and there are absolutely no bullies of any kind. The learning is very hands-on, and the field-trips are packed with interesting information. Every year they build on what we learned the last; so that by the time we have graduated, we will have full knowledge on several things that kids at other schools may not know as much about. The teachers here actually know what they are talking about too, and are ready to add in interesting facts to the subject. The small class sizes makes learning easy and fun, and everyone knows everybody so well by the end of the year. The Jr. Highers (7th-8th) and even the 9th graders get along with the younger kids as well, unlike some schools where they hate littler kids them and think they are so much bigger than everyone else. There is choir class which is awesome, and the two instructors there are funny and make singing easy, but at the same time they bring a whole new level to it that I have not found in other school choir classes. There is Running Club, where each Tuesday and Thursday you run 1-4 miles with the rest of the 5th+ graders who decided to join. Later in the year there is Jump Rope Club where you learn all sorts of fun tricks in jump-roping, followed by a big performance and root-beer floats on the last day of the club. GVCA also has Home Etc. which includes sewing, cooking, and more. In every grade there is a writing class where we practice writing things from poems to reports to our own stories. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a school filled with a positive atmosphere and high academics. :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - taili