Grades: K-2 | 22 students
- Sydney's School for Autism, located on the grounds of St. Patrick Church, provides services to children with autism and those with similar disorders.
- It is the first school of its kind in Hillsborough County.
- Each child's individualized program is based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- ABA/AVB is a structured teaching program which relies on behavioral methods.
- During all ABA/AVB sessions the therapist/student ratio is 1:1.
- ABA is based on behavioral research first published by B.F. Skinner in 1938 and later expanded upon by many others.
- Years of research support the use of ABA/AVB for children with autism.
- At Sydney's School for Autism, we recognized how important it is to integrate children with autism with the typical Pre-School children on our campus (formerly Great Beginnings Pre-School).
- Sydney's School accepts pre-school, VPK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
People that viewed Great Beginnings & Sydneys Autistic School also viewed these schools: Woodlawn Community Academy.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.