Grades: NS-12 | 386 students
Green Meadow Waldorf School offers Parent & Child classes for babies and toddlers up to age 3, serves children from Nursery through 12th grade, and also runs popular summer programs.
Founded in 1950 and situated on 11 beautiful acres, we are one of the oldest, largest Waldorf schools in the US, with almost 400 students.
Benefiting from discovery and play in our Early Childhood program, skill-building in the Lower School, and rigorous intellectual challenges in the High School, Green Meadow students go on to top colleges, fulfilling careers, and are known for their resilience and creativity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8,100 for nursery to $20,750 for 12th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa McDonagh|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Mann|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Group, Drama Club, Literary Magazine Committee, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Committee Drama Club, Robotics Club, Community Service Group,
Literary Magazine Committee,
- Green Meadow is one of more than nearly 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide which hold in common the aims of the original Waldorf school – to nurture a clear and responsible sense of self in all students, heightening their awareness of the larger world and their part in it.
- Every Green Meadow Waldorf student receives an education that incorporates world languages, an appreciation and respect for worldwide cultures both current and historical, and a broad array of fine and performing arts including, music, movement, sculpture, painting, drawing. Our excellent math program builds proficiency in arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry and calculus. Science offerings contain a strong empirical component, allowing students to learn scientific principles through first-hand experience and observation.
- The curriculum incorporates many field trips and activities designed to bring the subject matter to life in a vivid fashion.
- The school is in walking distance of Sunbridge Institute, a Waldorf teacher training school; the School of Eurythmy; the Fellowship Community, which cares for the elderly and maintains a farm and biodynamic apple orchard; the Hungry Hollow Co-op, a natural foods cooperative market; and the Threefold swimming pond. This extended community, situated on over 200 adjacent acres, provides opportunities for students to bring the curriculum to life by connecting classroom lessons to real world experiences.
- The school is accredited by both the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS) and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
Profile last updated: 07/09/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CongersGrades: PK-12 | 124 students
34 Kings Highway
Congers, NY 10920
GarnervilleGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
New CityGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
114 S Main St
New City, NY 10956
New CityGrades: KG-6 | 96 students
384 New Hempstead Rd
New City, NY 10956
NanuetGrades: 9-12 | 484 students
798 Route 304
Nanuet, NY 10954
my son attended the high school, when my husband and I, frustrated with his progress in the public schools, decided to enroll him. The school, its philosophy, its method of education, and its teachers transformed him. His thinking process, his knowledge, his performance was changed for life. He went on to acquire multiple degrees, and is now a physician in New York City. He would never have made it without the life changing effects of the environment of this school. and we are grateful.
- Posted by Parent - lnass
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.