Grades: NS-12 | 347 students
In our Nursery and Kindergarten programs, young children learn through open-ended, imaginative play and direct experience in activities like cooking and baking.
Our approach emphasizes healthy physical, social, and emotional development though an age-appropriate curriculum.
In our Lower School, we offer an interdisciplinary curriculum where art, music, movement, world languages, and hands-on experiences complement and deepen a child's understanding of the academic subject areas.
Our High School emphasizes independent, critical thinking through rigorous academic classes, curricular trips, foreign exchange, independent study, and internships.
We offer a full athletic program including soccer, cross country, volleyball, track, basketball, and baseball. Students take part in many clubs from Robotics, to Model UN, to Jazz Improv, to Environmental and Social Activism.
Green Meadow students go on to top colleges, but more importantly, they move out into the world with the creativity and confidence to define their own success.
- Green Meadow Waldorf School serves children and their familes from birth to grade 12 through our Parent and Child Program, Nursery, Kindergarten, Lower School and High School.
- Founded in 1950 and situated on 11 beautiful acres, we are one of the oldest, largest Waldorf schools in the US, with almost 400 students.
- Benefiting from discovery and play in our Early Childhood program, interdisciplinary experiences where the arts, movevent, and music are integrated into the academic subject in the Lower School, and rigorous intellectual challenges in the High School, Green Meadow students go on to top colleges, fulfilling careers, and are known for their curiosity, creativity, and confidence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $9,800 for nursery to $25,150 for 12th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa McDonagh|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Mann|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Group, Drama Club, Literary Magazine Committee, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Committee Drama Club, Robotics Club, Community Service Group,
Literary Magazine Committee,
- Green Meadow is one of more than nearly 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide which hold in common the aims of the original Waldorf school to nurture a clear and responsible sense of self in all students, heightening their awareness of the larger world and their part in it.
- Every Green Meadow Waldorf student receives an education that incorporates world languages, an appreciation and respect for worldwide cultures both current and historical, and a broad array of fine and performing arts including, music, movement, sculpture, painting, drawing. Our excellent math program builds proficiency in arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry and calculus. Science offerings contain a strong empirical component, allowing students to learn scientific principles through first-hand experience and observation.
- The curriculum incorporates many field trips and activities designed to bring the subject matter to life in a vivid fashion.
- The school is in walking distance of Sunbridge Institute, a Waldorf teacher training school; the School of Eurythmy; the Fellowship Community, which cares for the elderly and maintains a farm and biodynamic apple orchard; the Hungry Hollow Co-op, a natural foods cooperative market; and the Threefold swimming pond. This extended community, situated on over 200 adjacent acres, provides opportunities for students to bring the curriculum to life by connecting classroom lessons to real world experiences.
- The school is accredited by both the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS) and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CongersGrades: PK-12 | 124 students
34 Kings Highway
Congers, NY 10920
GarnervilleGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
New CityGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
114 S Main St
New City, NY 10956
New WindsorGrades: PK-K | 96 students
63 Lawrence Ave
New Windsor, NY 12553
SuffernGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
60 Washington Ave
Suffern, NY 10901
my son attended the high school, when my husband and I, frustrated with his progress in the public schools, decided to enroll him. The school, its philosophy, its method of education, and its teachers transformed him. His thinking process, his knowledge, his performance was changed for life. He went on to acquire multiple degrees, and is now a physician in New York City. He would never have made it without the life changing effects of the environment of this school. and we are grateful.
- Posted by Parent - lnass
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.