Grades: K-12 | 46 students
- Greenacre Homes Inc provide the structure, security, nurturing, and counseling that must be present in order for positive change to take place.
- The programs emphasizes developing healthy relationships to help clients heal from past trauma and provide a foundation for them to learn and develop.
- Clients learn skills that will help them replace old negative behavior patterns with appropriate and life enhancing ones.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Greenacre School program is consistent and complimentary to the residential program catalyzing the clients` transition into a less restrictive placement and a greater overall independent level of functioning. Dysfunctional behavior more than any other factor prevents integration of students into a less restrictive setting, thus it is a prime focus for the school program. The school provides a solid consistent, and predictable structured setting supported by a strong behavior modification program employing a point system, privilege program, and a realistic student store.
- A major portion of each day is dedicated to raising the reading, writing, and arithmetic skills of the students. Development of these basic skills eases students` transition into public school classrooms. There are a number of enrichment classes during the school week focusing on natural sciences, history, current events, physical fitness, and the arts. Assistive technology including software programs (speech recognition, electronic math worksheets) and hardware devices (smart boards, Ipads & laptops) are fully integrated and customized for each student's specific needs. The academic program also includes regular practicing of speech and language exercises designed by our Speech and Language Pathologist that are individualized to the students` specific needs and disabilities.
- We serve students with a wide variety of communication needs such as: Speech (articulation, fluency, phonology) Language (delayed language development, auditory processing) Social Pragmatic Skills (including Social Thinking and Social Emotional Learning) Several curriculums are used throughout the school and group homes to aid in communication development. Social perspective taking and social thinking strategies are used agency wide. (i.e. flexible brain, thinking of others etc. adopted from Michelle Garcia Winner`s work). The Kimochis program is one of the curriculums that has been adopted and is a safe and non-threatening way for students to address emotions and improve communication skills. Students learn to manage life`s challenges and choose to be respectful, responsible, resilient, compassionate and kind. Our other licensed therapists provide individual, group, family counseling, and weekly life skills classes. Additional professionals include two Occupational Therapists and a Psychiatrist overseeing medication. We create a therapeutic milieu focusing on relationships, development, and care.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SebastopolGrades: 9-12 | 44 students
P.o. Box 2079
Sebastopol, CA 95473
SebastopolGrades: K-8 | 39 students
7789 Healdsburg Ave
Sebastopol, CA 95472
SebastopolGrades: PK-6 | 59 students
1782 Pleasant Hill Road
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Santa RosaGrades: PK-12 | 423 students
655 Willowside Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
SebastopolGrades: K-12 | 25 students
9360 Occidental Rd
Sebastopol, CA 95472
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.