Grades: PK-K | 172 students
- Greenhouse Montessori School was established in March 1982 by Anne Hoffman and Nina Clancy.
- Nina and Anne believe that the Montessori method of education provides the most effective and fulfilling way to guide a child through his early school years, a critical period for learning and setting patterns which will last a lifetime.
- Our goals are two-fold: 1) to provide a Montessori enrichment program, and 2) to provide a It non-institutional" environment for children requiring full or part-time day care.
- Each class of twenty four children is taught by a certified Montessori teacher and an assistant teacher, and classes are evenly balanced between younger and older children.
- Greenhouse Montessori School welcomes all children regardless of race, creed, color or national origin who are 2 1/2 years old through kindergarten age.
- Admission is based on space-availability and agreement by staff and parents that the child is ready and will benefit from the classroom environment.
- One of our criteria for readiness is that the child is able to use the toilet independently.
- Admission shall not normally be granted on a short-term temporary basis.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
My daughter spent 3 years at Greenhouse, preschool through kindergarten. She thrived there. The teachers were all great. They clearly paired lead teachers with assistant teachers with their strengths in mind. There's always a nurturing one to help with difficult morning departure. When I''d pickup my daughter she was often excited to show me a work, so we''d sit and do one together for a few minutes before going home.
- Posted by Parent - dena.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.