Grades: NS-K | 120 students
- At Greenwood we have a deep commitment to a quality preschool education and day care.
- We feel an outstanding preschool should provide a warm, loving atmosphere where a child can grow intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- We want each class to be taught in a positive and non-threatening manner which allows for stimulation and growth.
- We feel children should be treated with respect so they will value the feelings and ideas of others.
- Greenwood believes each day of a child’s life is full of curiosity and learning.
- Parents and teachers play an important role in responding to and supporting learning experiences.
- By working together, we can help our children develop into healthy, intelligent human beings.
- Our teachers are college graduates and experienced in early childhood.
- Our faculty consists of teachers, senior staff, and aides.
- Greenwood serves children from varied economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our faculty strongly believes that children learn through first hand experiences, structured and unstructured play activities, and involvement with their peers.
- The staff at Greenwood helps create an environment that is conducive to learning in this manner.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Temple HillsGrades: NS-PK | 6 students
1901 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD 20748
WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 140 students
4404 Wisconsin Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20016
College ParkGrades: NS-8 | 201 students
4720 Cherokee Street
College Park, MD 20740
LaurelGrades: PK-KG | 147 students
9292 Cherry Ln
Laurel, MD 20708
GreenbeltGrades: NS-K | 50 students
NASA GSFC Code 200.9 Building 90
Greenbelt, MD 20771
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.