Grades: NS-K | 135 students
- At Greenwood we have a deep commitment to a quality preschool education and day care.
- We feel an outstanding preschool should provide a warm, loving atmosphere where a child can grow intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- We want each class to be taught in a positive and non-threatening manner which allows for stimulation and growth.
- We feel children should be treated with respect so they will value the feelings and ideas of others.
- Greenwood believes each day of a child’s life is full of curiosity and learning.
- Parents and teachers play an important role in responding to and supporting learning experiences.
- By working together, we can help our children develop into healthy, intelligent human beings.
- Our teachers are college graduates and experienced in early childhood.
- Our faculty consists of teachers, senior staff, and aides.
- Greenwood serves children from varied economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our faculty strongly believes that children learn through first hand experiences, structured and unstructured play activities, and involvement with their peers.
- The staff at Greenwood helps create an environment that is conducive to learning in this manner.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Temple HillsGrades: NS-PK | 26 students
1901 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD 20748
WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 140 students
4404 Wisconsin Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20016
College ParkGrades: NS-8 | 201 students
4720 Cherokee Street
College Park, MD 20740
LaurelGrades: PK-KG | 147 students
9292 Cherry Ln
Laurel, MD 20708
GreenbeltGrades: NS-K | 122 students
NASA GSFC Code 200.9 Building 90
Greenbelt, MD 20771
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.