Grades: 9-12 | 110 students
Griffin students volunteers clean and care for the Shipe Pool Mural, a public art installation sponsored by Griffin School.
Advanced Fashion students design and sew their own creations for a runway show at our fall & spring art shows!
- Griffin School is a college preparatory high school community defined by academic rigor and creativity.
- Our mission is to cultivate individual potential and intellectual curiosity in a vibrant and engaged community. Founded in 1996 and fully accredited, Griffin School provides students with a high school program that values individuality, creativity, and community.
- Our students gain admission into some of the best colleges and universities across the country; more importantly, they become creative, curious, authentic human beings
- Our interactive classes are capped at fifteen students and academic programming fosters artistic expression, critical thinking, and genuine involvement in the school and Austin community.
- We offer Advanced Placement courses across all disciplines, a broad array of fine arts classes and a competitive sports program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Studio Art - Drawing, AP Studio Art-2D, AP Studio Art-3D, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1268|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,950|
|Tuition Notes||additional $850 annual fee|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caroline Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir/Chorus, Competitive Sports, Explorers Outdoor Club, National Honor Society, Theatre Club, Yearbook Club, Youth Radio Choir/Chorus, Theatre Club, Yearbook Club, Youth Radio, Competitive Sports,
Explorers Outdoor Club,
National Honor Society,
- Parent interview
- Student shadow day/interview
- Parent/Student application
- $50 application fee
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 803 students
3901 Speedway St
Austin, TX 78751
AustinGrades: 9-12 | 36 students
5206 Balcones Drive
Austin, TX 78731
AustinGrades: 1-12 | 871 students
1112 W 31st St
Austin, TX 78705
AustinGrades: K-12 | 1000 students
3230 Travis Country Circle
Austin, TX 78735
AustinGrades: 6-12 | 685 students
6500 Saint Stephens Dr
Austin, TX 78746
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.