At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that.Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 studentsachieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instructionmodel it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditionalclassroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, orstudents with special scheduling needs such as athletes andartists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexiblescheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school.Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well aspart-time students who want to remediate or accelerate theirtraditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of socialactivities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fitsyour needs.
- Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAAapproved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All classes are customized and one-to-one|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student with I-pad and 10 classes * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||June Clark|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerlyFutures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle schooland high school that was committed to fostering academic growth andsuccess for all attending students by providing individualizedinstruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimumlearning occurs when the learner actively participates in theprocess, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills,interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors worktogether to set learning expectations and personalized goals, anddevelop mutual respect for one another. In many cases,Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships theirstudents. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibilityin the learning process. The self-discipline required to workindependently transfers successfully to college and a wide range ofcareers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San Juan CapistranoGrades: NS-12 | 649 students
26333 Oso Rd
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Mission ViejoGrades: KG-12 | 56 students
23632 Via Calzada
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-12 | 10 students
28062 Forbes Rd, Ste B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 967 students
1952 West La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
OrangeGrades: NS-12 | 180 students
4100 E. Walnut Avenue
Orange, CA 92869
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.