At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150 college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fits your needs.Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAA approved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerly Futures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle school and high school that was committed to fostering academic growth and success for all attending students by providing individualized instruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimum learning occurs when the learner actively participates in the process, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills, interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors work together to set learning expectations and personalized goals, and develop mutual respect for one another. In many cases, Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships their students. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibility in the learning process. The self-discipline required to work independently transfers successfully to college and a wide range of careers.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
2302 Martin St., Ste. 100, Colton Plaza
Irvine, CA 92612
Newport BeachGrades: PK-K | 124 students
1550 Bristol Street N
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Newport BeachGrades: NS-1 | 84 students
20221 SW Cypress Street
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Costa MesaGrades: K-8 | 705 students
300 Fischer Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Costa MesaGrades: K-1 | 24 students
398 University Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.