Grades: PK-12 | 1011 students
- The Hebrew Academy of Nassau County (HANC) educates boys and girls from nursery through high school throughout Long Island by providing a high quality and thorough curriculum rooted in Torah (religious studies) and mada (general studies), based in academic excellence.
- HANC provides a dynamic, Orthodox Jewish education that fosters intellectual and spiritual understanding and love of Torah, and commitment to its mitzvot and values.
- An emphasis on midot tovot (good character) infuses all aspects of school life.
- HANC provides a challenging curriculum in general studies according to the highest educational standards as a complement to, and enhancement of, Torah study.
- By creating a climate of active intellectual inquiry in both disciplines, HANC encourages exploration and understanding of the world.
- HANC emphasizes the responsibility of each Jew toward G-d and all people.
- HANC instills in its students Ahavat Yisrael-love of Israel--as embracing the Land and State of Israel, and fellow Jews.
- HANC inculcates in its students the ideals of the American democratic heritage of freedom, justice and human dignity.
- HANC, in keeping with its long-standing goal of "chanoch lana'ar al pi darkho" (teach a child according to his abilities), provides a stimulating education for students with differing levels of academic ability and from differing backgrounds according to the various individual needs of the students.
- HANC partners with parents to nurture each student to develop as an entire person.
- By providing diverse academic and extracurricular programs, HANC enables and encourages students to discover and excel in fields in which they can lead meaningful lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1011 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
HempsteadGrades: 9-12 | 808 students
47 Cathedral Ave
Hempstead, NY 11550
MerrickGrades: K-12 | 139 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.