Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
- Hanover Academy is committed to achieving academic excellence through the creation of a loving and nurturing community that encourages creativity, allows for individual successes, and increases self-esteem.
- Students will prepare for participation in a democratic society.
- The school strives to develop a meaningful partnership between parents, students,and faculty to enhance the educational growth of our students.
- Students are educated in a progressive, positive environment that will develop them emotionally, spiritually, and academically.
- By fostering independent thinking and encouraging creative thought processes, Hanover Academy instills in every student a genuine desire to learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
Ruther GlenGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
Po Box 605
Ruther Glen, VA 22546
2382 Bethany Church Rd
Bumpass, VA 23024
RichmondGrades: K-2 | 90 students
323 N 20th St
Richmond, VA 23223
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
3100 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23221
My daughter went to Hanover Academy for 8 years. The school gave her a great foundation to succeed in life. It taught her to love learning and to believe in her own individual gifts. She tranistioned to public school very well and ended up with several scholarships for college. I credit Hanover Academy and its personal and family oriented atmosphere for helping her find her sense of self and to always love to learn.
- Posted by Parent - eshol
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.