Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
- Hanover Academy is committed to achieving academic excellence through the creation of a loving and nurturing community that encourages creativity, allows for individual successes, and increases self-esteem.
- Students will prepare for participation in a democratic society.
- The school strives to develop a meaningful partnership between parents, students,and faculty to enhance the educational growth of our students.
- Students are educated in a progressive, positive environment that will develop them emotionally, spiritually, and academically.
- By fostering independent thinking and encouraging creative thought processes, Hanover Academy instills in every student a genuine desire to learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
2382 Bethany Church Rd
Bumpass, VA 23024
Ruther GlenGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
Po Box 605
Ruther Glen, VA 22546
HenricoGrades: NS-12 | 232 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
RichmondGrades: PK-5 | 126 students
9307 Quioccasin Rd
Richmond, VA 23229
My daughter went to Hanover Academy for 8 years. The school gave her a great foundation to succeed in life. It taught her to love learning and to believe in her own individual gifts. She tranistioned to public school very well and ended up with several scholarships for college. I credit Hanover Academy and its personal and family oriented atmosphere for helping her find her sense of self and to always love to learn.
- Posted by Parent - eshol
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.