Grades: PK-8 | 121 students
- The Hanson Place Seventh-day Adventist (S.D.A.) School was established to provide a Christian education for students in grades Pre-K - grade 8.
- The school recognizes its responsibility in helping to develop the mental, physical and spiritual character based on Biblical principles.
- Central to its philosophy is a belief in God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe and recognition of man as a child of God and steward of this world.
- The education program is predicated on the belief that each student is unique and of inestimable value, and on the importance of the development of the whole person.
- Students are educated to accept service as a way of life, to be sensitive to the needs of people in the home and society, and to become active members in the Church.
- Realizing that true education redeems us to be fully what God intends for us, we the staff at Hanson Place S.D.A. school endeavor to impart to our students the skills that society demands for effective service, values that can be used to enhance relationships with all of God's creatures, and spiritual knowledge that direct lives toward the ultimate choice to do all for the honor and glory of God.
- Compatible with this philosophy, emphasis is placed on spiritual, academic, physical and social development of each students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 249 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 33 students
98 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 127 students
312 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 267 students
12 Newell St
Brooklyn, NY 11222
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 337 students
1943 Brown St
Brooklyn, NY 11229
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.