- Fundamental to Happy Hollow School's philosophy is the belief that early childhood years represent the most vital period in a child's educative process and therefore every activity during this time is a unique opportunity to learn.
- Given this extraordinary opportunity to set the tone for a child's entire life, the School creates a warm, nurturing and personal environment with structure and content that gently challenges students to explore the world and their own blossoming potential.
- By design, and for more than 50 years, Happy Hollow is a small school with a high teacher to student ratio that allows each student to feel appreciated, understood and loved.
- Most of all, students of Happy Hollow School are partners with faculty, parents and community in which we all work together building the foundation for a life and love of learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Wilkinson|
- The faculty, traditions and practices of Happy Hollow School are firmly anchored in our commitments to quality education, safety, and the value in the diversity of our unique and extraordinary society. Everything from admission to teaching mathematics respects these commitments to integrity, mutual respect, the fundamental value of each member of our school and our obligations as a member of the community. By living these commitments, Happy Hollow students quickly learn that some of the most valuable teachers in their lives are not just those that teach by profession, but those that teach by holding themselves to high standards of creativity, effort, and excellence, regardless of their background.
Profile last updated: 01/22/2016