Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
- Harambee Prep School provides a rigorous academic elementary education in a Christian setting to vulnerable children in Northwest Pasadena, California.
- We believe that every child can learn.
- We prepare our children to obtain post-secondary education and return to be the leaders of our community in the future.
- Our motto is: Enter to Learn - Exit to Serve.
- Since 1995, we have provided an excellent educational opportunity to children that live in our community.
- We found that many local children lacked the support or foundation that they needed to advance through the typical public school curriculum.
- They were falling behind early in their school career and would never be able to catch up to attend a college or university.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||50 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Navy blue pants with Red Polos)
- Harambee Preparatory School, began in 1995, offers an excellent private, Christian elementary education to approximately 45 children in grades K-6 regardless of ability to pay. Many of our students would be lost in the public school sector if it were not for HPS. Former students are attending colleges across the nation, forming families, entering the workforce and accepting leadership roles in their communities
Profile last updated: 01/08/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PasadenaGrades: PK-6 | 214 students
74 S San Gabriel Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
PasadenaGrades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
CalabasasGrades: K-12 | 1198 students
23620 Mulholland Hwy
Calabasas, CA 91302
PasadenaGrades: K-8 | 40 students
1005 Armada Drive
Pasadena, CA 91103
Santa MonicaGrades: PK-5 | 79 students
1512 Pearl St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.