Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
- Harambee Prep School provides a rigorous academic elementary education in a Christian setting to vulnerable children in Northwest Pasadena, California.
- We believe that every child can learn.
- We prepare our children to obtain post-secondary education and return to be the leaders of our community in the future.
- Our motto is: Enter to Learn - Exit to Serve.
- Since 1995, we have provided an excellent educational opportunity to children that live in our community.
- We found that many local children lacked the support or foundation that they needed to advance through the typical public school curriculum.
- They were falling behind early in their school career and would never be able to catch up to attend a college or university.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||50 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Navy blue pants with Red Polos)
- Harambee Preparatory School, began in 1995, offers an excellent private, Christian elementary education to approximately 45 children in grades K-6 regardless of ability to pay. Many of our students would be lost in the public school sector if it were not for HPS. Former students are attending colleges across the nation, forming families, entering the workforce and accepting leadership roles in their communities
Profile last updated: 01/08/2016
People that viewed Harambee Preparatory School also viewed these schools: Walden School, The Waverly School, Pasadena Waldorf School, Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS and The Westside Waldorf School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PasadenaGrades: PK-6 | 214 students
74 S San Gabriel Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
PasadenaGrades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
AltadenaGrades: PK-12 | 340 students
209 E. Mariposa Street
Altadena, CA 91001
PasadenaGrades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
Pacific PalisadesGrades: NS-8 | 250 students
17310 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.