Grades: PK-12 | 74 students
Harvest Baptist School believes that children are given by God to parents, and that parents have the primary responsibility and authority to train them up in the way that they should go.
Our ministry is to be an aid and an extension of the home.
We believe that children should be challenged to do their best possible work, to take ownership for their actions and to allow the Lord to do the work of "conforming to the image of His Son" in their lives.
We believe that a child's education will be measured largely in terms of his ability to read and interpret intelligently, communicate effectively, compute accurately, write legibly, and speak correctly.
We labor to accomplish these things through time-tested methods that once served our nation so well, under the watchful care of our heavenly Father.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Georgia Association of Christian Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Physics B (with Lab), United States History, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Georgia Association of Christian School Fine Arts Georgia Association of Christian School Fine Arts,
- A TRUSTWORTHY TESTIMONY Harvest Baptist School is a ministry of Harvest Baptist Church and has been known throughout the greater Acworth area for over 30 years as a quality Christian school. We are a member of the Georgia Association of Christian Schools and a member of the American Association of Christian Schools.
- A PLEASANT ENVIRONMENT We firmly believe that Christian education should be marked by both discipline and pleasantness. Students are treated with compassion, and the faculty will work with parents to help their young people do right. HBS students are encouraged to behave and dress in a manner that honors Christ and promotes modesty.
- TEACHERS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE Our teachers are qualified both spiritually and academically to influence your son or daughter. All teachers are certified through the GACS. Our faculty is engaged in continuing education programs to better equip themselves to serve their students. They are caring, compassionate believers striving to make a difference in the lives of their students for Christ's sake.
- FIRST-CLASS FACILITIES Harvest Baptist School is located on a beautiful 25-acre campus. A full-service cafeteria offers hot lunches to all students.
- The church auditorium provides an ideal setting for chapel services and other programs such as high school graduation exercises. The classrooms are spacious – specifically designed for their purpose. Great care is taken daily to ensure that the facilities are clean and well-maintained.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE We provide supervised care for students before school each morning beginning at 7:30 a.m. Supervised care is available after school each day until 6:00 p.m.
- A WORTHY PURPOSE Harvest Baptist School is a private Christian school making available an excellent education to the members of Harvest Baptist Church and, as space permits, other families in the greater Acworth area. Our purpose is to develop the mind of Christ in the lives of our students. We desire to be an extension of the Christian home.
- YOUR CHRISTIAN HOME Your home should be the most important influence in the life of your child. The education made available at HBS can only be effective as a complement to the biblical foundation you have laid at home. We would be grateful for the opportunity to serve your home and family through our school ministry.
Profile last updated: 12/19/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AcworthGrades: KG-12 | 113 students
5496 Highway 92
Acworth, GA 30102
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
4500 Eagle Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 228 students
260 Hawkins Store Rd Ne
Kennesaw, GA 30144
OneidaGrades: 6-12 | 325 students
P.O. Box 67
Oneida, KY 40972
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.