Grades: K-8 | 138 students
- Helios School's mission is to provide an engaging and imaginative education that serves the unique intellectual, social and emotional needs of gifted students and their families. The school is known for its Ability-grouped Math classes, Expeditionary Learning Model of Integrated Project-based learning, Mandarin and Spanish World Language programs, Mindfulness and SEL focus.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available.|
|Admissions Director||Daniel Popplewell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Robotics, and Music Art, Chess, Robotics, and Music,|
- Private, progressive secular school based on a constructivist model of education
- K - 8 curriculum designed specifically for gifted students
- Second language program for Chinese and Spanish.
- Rigorous academic curriculum in project-based, collaborative environment
- Multi-dimensional learning, including social and emotional development
- Low student-to-teacher ratio of 9:1
- Full school day 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Aftercare available until 6:00 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 235 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Menlo ParkGrades: PK-8 | 281 students
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.