Grades: PK-12 | 54 students
- Heritage Christian Academy offers a quality, Christ-centered education in a traditional setting.
- Heritage exists to prepare young people for Christian service.
- We seek to impart Biblical knowledge and train Christian character.
- We are a college-preparatory school and as such we take our academic responsibilities seriously.
- We are, however, more than a school: we are a CHRISTIAN school.
- It is our mission to provide the training needed to live in a way that is pleasing to God and to prepare students for His service in whatever vocation God has chosen for them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama, Handbells, Private Music Lessons, Yearbook Choir, Drama, Handbells, Yearbook, Private Music Lessons,
- Heritage Christian Academy's philosophy is based upon the Word of God. The primary objective and purpose of the school is to train the student in the way of life presented in the Scriptures while giving him a good general education. Since the primary reason for the existence of the school is a spiritual ministry, efforts are made to bring all students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ so that the teaching of spiritual truths may have a firm foundation. This is followed by instruction in right thinking, good conduct, and clean living in the light of the principles of God's Word. The academic program, through the traditional approach, is developed to provide students with the best possible program of studies. We emphasize the mastery of fundamental blocks of material necessary for satisfactory achievement and stress the acquisition of facts and concepts in the various areas of study, leading to the development and exercise of the powers of reasoning.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Camp HillGrades: PK-12 | 348 students
201 West Main Street
Camp Hill, PA 17011
CarlisleGrades: K-12 | 110 students
1412 Holly Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
HarrisburgGrades: K-12 | 305 students
2000 Blue Mountain Pkwy
Harrisburg, PA 17112
YorkGrades: K-12 | 38 students
329 E Poplar St
York, PA 17403
YorkGrades: NS-12 | 386 students
907 Greenbriar Rd
York, PA 17404
I so appreciate this Godly atmosphere that has helped to provide a firm foundation in my children's lives. One child continues to benefit from the academy; my oldest three children were well-prepared to go on to colleges/universities to further their education.
- Posted by Parent - rpost
God has granted me the privilege of working in an environment were His world view is prevalent. The classes are geared toward academic excellence and are tempered with God's Word. I am able to communicate with my students and their parents on a much more personal level because of the common ground we have through the Lord.
- Posted by Teacher - jmcle
A hidden gem! A great place to receive a quality Christ centered education and life skills. The faculty care about you and want you to succeed. Wonderful new facilities that make the school experience even better.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jeffm
Heritage Christian is a lovely, Christ centered school. The staff is caring and strives for academic excellence.
- Posted by Teacher - Ginny
I''m thankful for the education my children have gotten at the academy. I have three children that have graduated and one that is a current student. They''ve all benefited from the individual attention given to them at the school and the opportunities available in the fine arts and sports programs. I''m grateful to have a school that reinforces my values.
- Posted by Parent - crews
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.