Grades: PK-8 | 133 students
Heritage girls' volleyball team pictured with Athletic Director/Coach, Nathan Jordan, and Head of School, Dr. Lee Cox
- Heritage Preparatory School is a classical Christian school located in Morningside serving Pre-K through Grade 8.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Average tuition: 15,000 (tuition is lower for Pre-K and K)|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Basketball, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Football Club Art Club, Basketball, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Football Club,|
- Heritage is a distinctive classical Christ-centered school located on a beautiful twelve-acre campus in Midtown Atlanta.
- Classes are small, ensuring that each student receives individual attention.
- Class days are shorter in the Lower School to ensure quality time at home.
- The content of the curriculum is "classical" in that it emphasizes timeless works of literature, music, art, drama, history, Latin, logic, science, and mathematics.
- Teachers incorporate the methodology of the educator Charlotte Mason by focusing on good habits, nature studies, and joyful discovery in learning.
- Heritage graduates have a proven track record of being accepted into Atlanta's top private high schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: NS-7 | 372 students
345 Tenth Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
AtlantaGrades: NS-8 | 320 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1107 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
AtlantaGrades: PK-8 | 139 students
667 Fairburn Rd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30331
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.