Grades: PK-8 | 156 students
Heritage girls' volleyball team pictured with Athletic Director/Coach, Nathan Jordan, and Head of School, Dr. Lee Cox
Heritage Preparatory School is a classical Christian school located in Morningside serving Pre-K through Grade 8.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Average tuition: 14,000 (tuition is lower for Pre-K and K)|
|Admissions Director||Joanne Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Ballet, Basketball, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Fencing Art Club, Ballet, Basketball, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Fencing,|
- Heritage is a distinctive classical Christ-centered school located on a beautiful twelve-acre campus in Midtown Atlanta.
- Classes are small, ensuring that each student receives individual attention.
- Class days are shorter in the Lower School to ensure quality time at home.
- The content of the curriculum is "classical" in that it emphasizes timeless works of literature, music, art, drama, history, Latin, logic, science, and mathematics.
- Teachers incorporate the methodology of the educator Charlotte Mason by focusing on good habits, nature studies, and joyful discovery in learning.
- Heritage graduates have a proven track record of being accepted into Atlanta's top private high schools.
Profile last updated: 09/22/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: NS-6 | 372 students
345 Tenth Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
AtlantaGrades: NS-8 | 321 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1102 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
AtlantaGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
667 Fairburn Rd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30331