Grades: 6-8 | 90 students
Students at Heronfield Academy study the arts every day as part of the core curriculum, rotating through music, drama, and visual arts classes.
- Heronfield`s program is geared for middle school children where the importance of the whole child is incorporated into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Heronfield is a school where academics are strong and where there is an emphasis on balance in a busy life. Heronfield is a middle school by design not attached to an elementary school or high school.
- This enables us to place our entire focus on the middle school years.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared shirts, jeans, khakis, sneakers accepted.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / May. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||There is financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Ann F. Reis|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chamber Music Ensemble, Chorus, Jazz Band, Jazz Choir, and Jazz Combo Chorus, Jazz Band, Jazz Choir, and Jazz Combo, Chamber Music Ensemble,
- Heronfield Academy, located in bucolic Hampton Falls, NH, is dedicated to nurturing and teaching middle school students. An independent school by design, Heronfield builds on the joy of learning while helping students to discover their moral compass. The community adheres to the key concepts of honesty, respect, diligence, celebration, and caring. With small classes taught by inspired educators, students are held to high academic standards in all core curriculum subjects including mathematics, science, history, English, drama, music, visual arts, Spanish, health, and physical education. Heronfield reinforces a deeper understanding of the value of interdisciplinary work. Teachers partner to plan curricula, setting the stage for students to collaborate and learn together.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PortsmouthGrades: PK-8 | 173 students
125 Austin St
Portsmouth, NH 03801
StrathamGrades: NS-8 | 178 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
RyeGrades: 3-12 | 52 students
1247 Washington Rd.
Rye, NH 03870
DoverGrades: PK-12 | 543 students
20 Seaborne Dr
Dover, NH 03820
HamptonGrades: PK-8 | 231 students
289 Lafayette Rd
Hampton, NH 03842
This school is spectacular- words cant describe how amazing it is. The teachers are incredibly serious in their job, but manage to make it fun and easy to comprehend. It is a very challenging school, but that just makes you want to work harder and become the best that you can be! The students there are great too! Extremely kind, and welcoming. No cliques like the average public school, nobody cares about popularity or anything like that. Just pure friendship. The after school activities are as well stellar. There are tons of music groups, which are truly best of the best. The sports are fun and including, track, cross country, basketball, dance team (my favorite!), etc. There is also a lot of clubs, and you can start your own club too! The fact that the lunches are extra long, there is break, study hall during and after school, just makes this school even better. If you are looking into this school- just know its amazing. Couldn't have anything better than Heronfield Academy. Oh- and before I forget- this school also serves not only New Hampshire, but Massachusetts and Maine as well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - littl
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.