Grades: PK-8 | 131 students
- Hickory Day School instills in its students a love of learning in a unique environment that emphasizes academic excellence, critical-thinking skills, and global perspectives.
- We develop individual talents, skills, and abilities by promoting active participation in a wide range of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities within a supportive, nurturing environment.
- We foster a sustained love of learning allowing students to acquire a critical mass of significant knowledge by exploring themes of inquiry, which have global relevance and importance.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Monday-Thursday = khaki and collared shirts; Fridays = jeans/casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||See web site for complete tuition details per grade level. The tuition rate varies depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Richard Seay|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballCross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Envirothon, Science Olympiad, Sunshine Singers choir Art Club, Envirothon, Science Olympiad,
Sunshine Singers choir,
- The admissions committee looks for a love of learning and parental commitment to the IB program of the school. An admissions assessment is made for every applicant. This assessment involves both literacy and numeracy skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpartanburgGrades: PK-7 | 114 students
384 S Spring St
Spartanburg, SC 29306
HickoryGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
2304 Springs Rd Ne
Hickory, NC 28601
HudsonGrades: PK-12 | 145 students
239 Mount Herman Rd
Hudson, NC 28638
NewtonGrades: NS-8 | 61 students
2931 Sandy Ford Rd
Newton, NC 28658
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.