|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007|
|Total Students||403 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Laura Nicholson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate, Music Debate, Music,|
- High Meadows is a private, non-profit, co-educational, independent, and non-sectarian day school in Roswell, Georgia serving three years of age through eighth grade. Since 1973, our school has inspired children to think critically, learn creatively, act globally and live compassionately. As a member of the acclaimed International Baccalaureate Programme, High Meadows is committed to ensuring that our students meet the challenges of the future.
- - We passionately believe in our Mission & Guiding Principles, making certain that they are reflected in our teachings in and outside the classroom.
- - We have a distinctive environment where children explore, inquire, learn, and become positive contributors to society. Our environment is a combination of many elements: the people, campus, use of space and, of course, our child-centered approach. We are much more than a school—we are a community. Parents are encouraged to be actively involved. And, High Meadows faculty take full advantage of our more than 40 acres of meadow and woodlands, using nature as an extension of the classroom.
- - The co-teaching model is used in Preschool through Fifth Grade. Two teachers work together to serve their entire class of students. This method offers numerous academic and personal growth benefits to our students.
- - Emphasis, a period of time when the entire High Meadows community studies a single subject, is a highlight of the academic year. Process, not product, is the key component to Emphasis.
- - Our authentic assessment methods give teachers, students, and parents common points of reference to guide continued progress—both on an individual and a whole-class basis. This information is noted and shared with parents in both formal and informal methods.
- - We are accredited and have many affiliations. The Anti-Defamation League recognizes High Meadows as a No Place for Hate school and we have been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence as well as many recognitions for our environmental sustainability efforts.
Profile last updated: 09/12/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MariettaGrades: NS-8 | 388 students
1772 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
MariettaGrades: NS | 40 students
2417 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30066
MariettaGrades: NS-1 | 58 students
2502 East Piedmont Road
Marietta, GA 30062
MariettaGrades: PK-12 | 76 students
Po Box 4065
Marietta, GA 30061
KennesawGrades: NS-6 | 190 students
1500 Stanley Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30152