- Founded in 1990, the Academy serves as a model kindergarten-through-twelfth grade school.
- Under the auspices of Hillsdale College, the Academy bases its curriculum on a solid grounding in fundamental academic skills, an exploration of the arts and sciences, and an understanding of the foundational tenets of our Judeo-Christian and Greco-Roman heritage.
- Originally K-8, the Upper School was incorporated in 1998, and the first graduation occurred in June 2001.
- Hillsdale Academy offers an academically enriched alternative to students in Hillsdale County and the surrounding area.
- Students are admitted to the Academy based on the combined strengths of their application and interview, inasmuch as these show evidence of personal motivation.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1969|
|Average ACT score||28|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,370|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||NHS/NJHS, Quiz Bowl, Student Council, Yearbook NHS/NJHS, Quiz Bowl, Yearbook, Student Council,
My children have attended the school - all three since kindergarten. To say that they thrive at the school is an understatement. We are so very pleased with everything they are learning. The school holds high standards of discipline and academics. Many of the students go on to amazing colleges and universities. More than anything, the school cares about the students. They are taught the most important virtues. What a great place. Makes me think that our nation is not so lost after all.
- Posted by Parent - Long-time parents
My second child is getting ready to graduate from Hillsdale Academy. I couldn't recommend this school more highly! The faculty is outstanding, and the curriculum relevant and challenging. Where other schools "teach to the book", Hillsdale Academy, teaches to the student. Character building is as much part of the experience, as scholarly learning is. We are blessed to have this educational institution as an option, in the shadow of Hillsdale College. As my daughter choses which college to attend in the fall, her ACT score of 32, ensures she will have more than enough offers to chose from. Thank you Hillsdale Academy for all you do, and all you are!
- Posted by Parent - camil