Grades: K-8 | 30 students
- Hillside is an intentionally small Christian school which offers a unique and effective 'one-room schoolhouse' type of education in a family atmosphere.
- Individual children's learning styles and rates are naturally accommodated through multi-grade classrooms and mature Christian educators.
- High academic standards are balanced with plenty of time for creative play and exploration so that children can enjoy childhood, not be hurried through it.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten is 8:45 to 12:30, Monday through Friday, $2200 per year|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hannah Dimond|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Vocal Music Art, Vocal Music,|
- Grades Kindergarten through 8th
- Christ-centered curriculum
- Personalized education
- Experienced teachers
- Annual standardized testing
- Reasonable tuition, $3400/yr 1-8 $2200/yr K
- Multi-grade classrooms
- Hands-on learning
- School Location Miles Grades Students
North LibertyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
255 Hackberry St
North Liberty, IA 52317
Iowa CityGrades: PK-12 | 938 students
2150 Rochester Ave
Iowa City, IA 52245
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.