Grades: PK-8 | 211 students
Elementary Grades: HMS creates life-long learners through innovative instruction and attention to students' needs
Middle School Community - Providing a Christian context for growing independence and leadership development
Middle school options like drama, music, interscholastic sports, clubs and much more give students the opportunity to explore their interests and discover their own gifts.
Mentor groups build relationships, community and accountability during the middle school years of growing independence.
Hinkletown Mennonite School is a Christ-centered, child-focused, Pre-K - Grade 8 school where children explore, parents participate and teachers nurture. Operating as a parent-governed school, HMS invites parents to partner with the school to nurture the gifts, skills, and faith of their children.
Hinkletown Mennonite School is located 4 miles from Ephrata & New Holland in rural Lancaster County, between the cities of Lancaster and Reading, Pennsylvania.
HMS focuses on offering a quality academic program that includes the fine arts; meeting the needs of individual students; providing a Christ-centered education; giving students a global perspective; and educating them for the 21st century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ELL/Learning Support Program|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,600|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Beidler|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chamber Choir, Chapel Committee, Choral Groups, Drama Productions, Handbells, Music Lessons, Newspaper, Schoolwide Enrichment Time mini-course, Service Projects, Strings Ensemble, Student Council, Worship Team, Yearbook (Middle School) Band, Chamber Choir, Choral Groups, Handbells, Music Lessons, Newspaper, Worship Team, Chapel Committee,
Schoolwide Enrichment Time mini-course,
Yearbook (Middle School),
- Hinkletown Mennonite School is a Christ-centered, child-focused, Pre-K - Grade 8 school where children explore, parents participate and teachers nurture. Operating as a parent-governed school, HMS invites parents to partner with the school to nurture the gifts, skills, and faith of their children.
- Our Vision
- What we want to see: Students learning & living God's purposes.
- Our Mission
- Education at HMS:
- - inspires students to be life-long learners
- - integrates Christ's teachings and Anabaptist* values of peacemaking, service & community into everyday learning
- - shapes a Christ-centered worldview
- - develops each student's God-given gifts
- - adapts holistic instruction to meet the needs of each student
- *Anabaptist -the term is most commonly used to refer to the Anabaptists of 16th century Europe. Today the descendants of the 16th century European movements (particularly the Amish, Hutterites, Mennonites, Church of the Brethren, Brethren in Christ, and other respective German Baptist variants) are the most common bodies referred to as Anabaptist.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
EphrataGrades: 1-8 | 20 students
219 Conestoga Creek Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
New HollandGrades: 1-10 | 52 students
3030 Division Hwy
New Holland, PA 17557
EphrataGrades: 1-9 | 68 students
255 Hahnstown Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
StevensGrades: 1-8 | 27 students
988 Red Run Rd
Stevens, PA 17578
Terre HillGrades: 1-8 | 26 students
1137 Lancaster Ave
Terre Hill, PA 17581
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.