Grades: NS-12 | 56 students
- HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy, located in the University City neighborhood of Philadelphia, serves school-age children and young adults through age 21 who have severe, multiple disabilities usually resulting from cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury or other neurological impairment.
- Renowned for our success in empowering students, HMS's day and residential programs maximize achievement and promote independence.
- Every child flourishes in our nurturing, respectful environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Approved students may be funded by their local school district and state department of education.|
|Admissions Director||Peter McGuinness|
- We are experts in the field, not only in special education but in cerebral palsy, assistive technology and state-of-the-art equipment and techniques. Our interdisciplinary team reinforces students' learning, as teachers collaborate with skilled physical, occupational, speech and recreation therapists to achieve IEP goals. The team also includes nurses, certified nursing assistants and a social worker who support students' capacity to participate in the school day and in family and community life. As many as 9 to 14 individuals work together to make each child's program successful.
Profile last updated: 03/08/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 92 students
260 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11225
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 282 students
6000 Wayne Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.