Grades: 9-12 | 34 students
All academics are taught with a focus on statewide standards and offer content that is accessible and challenging for all students.
- For over 40 years, Holden has been a safe haven for non-traditional learners.
- The founder of Holden recognized that too many students in traditional school systems were not being served well, if at all.
- This is as true now as it was 40 years ago.
- If you are looking for an innovative, alternative, vibrant, non traditional approach to education, come check us out.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We have a credentialed Education Specialists on staff|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,750|
|Tuition Notes||Generous financial aid available. See http://holdenhigh.org/admissions/tuition/tuition-reduction/ for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristin Lamoureux|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Polse Payne|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service, Grade Level Interest Projects, Independent Art and Music Credit, Student Council Community Service,
Grade Level Interest Projects,
Independent Art and Music Credit,
- Holden High School is a great fit for:Unique teens who need a school to fit them instead of vice versaStudents who have developed a negative relationship to school or learningStudents who want to go to a 4 year college but arent succeeding in high pressure environmentsTeens who need a safe environment because they have been bullied or have not found acceptanceStudents who have mild to moderate learning issuesStudents who have experienced depression, anxiety or other emotional issues that may be getting in the way of their learningStudents graduate from Holden with academic confidence and intellectual curiosity, the ability to advocate for themselves, a strong sense of community, a passion for learning, and solid plans for their futures.Holden is fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Many of our students attend colleges across the country. Enrollment is open throughout the school year. Please call to set up a visit at 925-254-0199 or come to one of our drop-in open information sessions (see http://holdenhigh.org/calendar/events for upcoming dates).
Profile last updated: 06/02/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 80 students
521 Boden Way
Oakland, CA 94610
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 363 students
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 278 students
4660 Harbord Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
San FranciscoGrades: 5-12 | 158 students
2690 Jackson St
San Francisco, CA 94115
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.