Grades: PK-8 | 576 students
Middle School students attend classes and participate in clubs, NJHS, Interact, electives and after-school sports. Electives include: Musical Theater, Economics, Forensic Science, Guitar, Speech & Debate, Journalism, 3D Art, and Band - just to name a few!
- Holy Comforter Episcopal School believes each child is a unique creation of God.
- Our mission is to nourish the spirit, challenge the mind, and strengthen the body in a Christian environment, encouraging each child to achieve his or her maximum potential as a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2015-2016 ranged by grade from $6,400 - $10,995|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Nena Martinez|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Derstine, Registrar|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Certamen - Latin, Flag Football, Interact Club, Intramural Sports for 3rd - 5th Graders, Lego League Robotics, Lower School Student Council, Musical Theater - Middle School, National Junior Honor Society, Skeet Shooting Flag Football, Interact Club, Skeet Shooting, Certamen - Latin,
Intramural Sports for 3rd - 5th Graders,
Lego League Robotics,
Lower School Student Council,
Musical Theater - Middle School,
National Junior Honor Society,
- HCES has a long history of academic excellence by offering an enriched learning environment based on Christian principles enhancing the mind, body and spirit of all of our students. At HCES we strive to instill habits and attitudes conducive to academic achievement, responsible behavior, positive nurturing relationships, respect for others and maturity. Our goal is to educate the whole child.
- All students in grades PK-3 through 5th grade study Spanish. In Middle School, foreign language is a core class, students choosing between French, Latin, and Spanish.
- Students 5th grade and below receive instruction from Specialist teachers in Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish, STEM (Science, Technology, Enginering and Math), and from the Media Specialist. Students in K - 8th grade also have access to a Maker Space which includes two 3D printers!
- Technology is integrated into instruction beginning in preschool. We are a one-to-one school in Kindergarten - 5th grade, providing an I-Pad or Macbook for every student. In Middle School, we are BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) made possible by the use of Google Docs.
- The Middle School Rotating Block Schedule allows for a longer time per class with more time for application and higher level thinking skills.
- The Middle School offers High School credit for classes in Foreign Language, Mathematics and Physical Education/Health.
Profile last updated: 10/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TallahasseeGrades: KG-12 | 295 students
4859 Kerry Forest Pkwy
Tallahassee, FL 32309
TallahasseeGrades: 1-12 | 22 students
5246 Centerville Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
When my wife and I first visited Holy Comforter I said, "I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else." Six years later I feel exactly the same way. Holy Comforter is exceptional academically and has a uniquely caring and inviting atmosphere. I am continually amazed by the capabilities and commitment of their faculty and administration.
- Posted by Parent - shawn
A wonderful school to send your kids to.
- Posted by Parent - jacki
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.