Grades: 3-11 | 87 students
- Holy Family of Nazareth founded Holy Family Institute as an orphanage.
- The orphanage served children in need of care because of the grim realities of life in the industrial Western Pennsylvania: mine disaster, mill accident, and illness.
- As social conditions changed, Holy Family Institute changed too.
- Today, with a philosophy based on compassion and faith, Holy Family helps families across Pennsylvania who are struggling with abuse, emotional and behavioral problems, learning disorders, and other debilitating situations.
- At an age when most children are concerned about their favorite flavor of ice cream, Thomas could hear his small tummy rumbling after days without food and worried about when his next meal would come.
- At a time when most children strive to attract hugs and kisses from their parents, Thomas so feared the wrath of his mother that he would cower under the kitchen table when she would come home drunk or high to avoid being screamed at, kicked, or slammed against the wall as so often happened when she bothered to come home at all.
- Thankfully for 6-year old Thomas, and the hundreds of children like him in our community, there is an answer.
- For more than a century, Holy Family Institute has been a home to thousands of children like Thomas, and has supported families in need of physical, emotional and spiritual help.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-11|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HomesteadGrades: 8-12 | 28 students
120 E 9th Ave
Homestead, PA 15120
PittsburghGrades: K-12 | 193 students
1405 Shady Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
PittsburghGrades: 2-12 | 91 students
4900 Girard Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
PittsburghGrades: UG | 142 students
5250 Caste Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Turtle CreekGrades: 2-12 | 63 students
547 Hunter St
Turtle Creek, PA 15145
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.