Grades: PK-6 | 539 students
- Holy Name School expects students to perform to the best of their ability.
- Teachers are expected to evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Students will be given quizzes or tests regularly.
- Roman Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of New York base their educational purpose and all their activities on the Christian teaching of the essential equality of all persons as rooted in God's love.
- Holy Name School endorses the call of the Catholic Bishops of the United States to express its educational ministry through the three objectives of personal spirituality, social justice, and a strong academic program in accord with Christian values.
- This commitment extends to building Christian community and to fostering Christian service to the whole human family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||539 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
RoslindaleGrades: NS-8 | 346 students
1035 Canterbury Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 373 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Chestnut HillGrades: NS-6 | 274 students
428 Hammond Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
BostonGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
I just wanted to thank all the teachers that taught me the morals and great knowledge of life and religion. The quality and discipline of this schools lessons have proved to be enough for me to be able to truly say, "I can do anything that I am willing to work hard at." My special thanks to the Sisters of Mercy. May God bless all your students and faculty.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - geosy
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.