|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Average SAT score||1450|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 5 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,000|
|Tuition Notes||$335 technology fee for High School $235 technology fee for Middle School $39000 for international students|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jodi Clouse|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Marisue Barton|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Drill Team, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acolytes, Alpha Delta Tau, Cannon Crew, Choir, Color Guard, CyberPatriot, Drill Team, ECS Club, Foreign Language Club, History Club, Iron Guard, Junior Classic League, L.I.F.E., Marching Band, Martial Arts, National Honor Society, Old Guard, Raiders, Robotics, Running Club, SCUBA, Sea Scouts, Speech Team, Student Government, Table Tennis, Varsity Howe Club, Yearbook Staff Acolytes, Cannon Crew, Choir, Color Guard, CyberPatriot, Drill Team, ECS Club, History Club, Iron Guard, L.I.F.E., Marching Band, Martial Arts, Old Guard, Raiders, Robotics, Running Club, SCUBA, Sea Scouts, Speech Team, Table Tennis, Yearbook Staff, Alpha Delta Tau,
Foreign Language Club,
Junior Classic League,
National Honor Society,
Varsity Howe Club,
Howe is an independent, college-preparatory, co-ed, boarding school affiliated with the Episcopal Church for grades 7-12. Nestled on a 100 acre park-like setting, Howe is located in northeast Indiana’s beautiful lake country.
- Day School offered to students within a 30 mile radius of our campus for grades 7-12.
- After his death, the estate of Mr. John B. Howe, a successful educator, attorney, businessman and author, was combined with funds from Mrs. Howe and others to open the school in 1884. Ten years after the opening of the school, Howe was changed from a grammar school to a military school.
- Howe cadets learn how to transfer the benefits of military discipline, organization, and leadership to their college and career path.
- All high school cadets are required to enroll in Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps classes.
- Howe’s JROTC program has been recognized, since 1921 by the United States Army, as a program 'with distinction'.
- Now working with Trine University, Howe offers dual-credit courses to juniors and seniors. Ninety-seven percent of Howe’s graduates go on to college and University studies.
Profile last updated: 06/30/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 482 students
20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
New MilfordGrades: 9-12 | 350 students
New Milford, CT 06776
Cornwall On HudsonGrades: 8-12 | 167 students
314 Mountain Road
Cornwall On Hudson, NY 12520
WaynesboroGrades: 7-12 | 169 students
255 South Wayne Avenue
Waynesboro, VA 22980
1950 Academy Drive
Melbourne, FL 32901