Grades: PK-5 | 310 students
- Hunter McGuire seeks to instill in its students high standards for scholarship, integrity, leadership, and citizenship.
- Through a challenging child-centered curriculum offered in a stimulating, discovery-oriented environment, students grow to become enthusiastic learners, creative problem-solvers, and disciplined thinkers.
- A carefully designed program of academic excellence and an extensive, integrated enrichment program provides a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Hunter McGuire School believes that character building and respect for ones self as well as respect for the unique qualities of others are vital for the development of the whole child.
- In a nurturing environment that embraces diversity and fosters unity, children learn the values of honesty, personal responsibility, compassion, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1665|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,100|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
|Admissions Director||Ann Snyder|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Loughlin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||basketball, chess club, soccer basketball, chess club, soccer,|
- Challenging Academic Program
- Art, Music, Technology, Spanish, and PE
- Bus Service
- Emphasis on Scholarship, Citizenship, Leadership
- Financial Aid Available
People that viewed Hunter McGuire Lower School of Stuart Hall also viewed these schools: Staunton Montessori School.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.