Grades: PK-5 | 310 students
- Hunter McGuire seeks to instill in its students high standards for scholarship, integrity, leadership, and citizenship.
- Through a challenging child-centered curriculum offered in a stimulating, discovery-oriented environment, students grow to become enthusiastic learners, creative problem-solvers, and disciplined thinkers.
- A carefully designed program of academic excellence and an extensive, integrated enrichment program provides a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Hunter McGuire School believes that character building and respect for ones self as well as respect for the unique qualities of others are vital for the development of the whole child.
- In a nurturing environment that embraces diversity and fosters unity, children learn the values of honesty, personal responsibility, compassion, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1665|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,100|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
|Admissions Director||Ann Snyder|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Loughlin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||basketball, chess club, soccer basketball, chess club, soccer,|
- Challenging Academic Program
- Art, Music, Technology, Spanish, and PE
- Bus Service
- Emphasis on Scholarship, Citizenship, Leadership
- Financial Aid Available
People that viewed Hunter McGuire Lower School of Stuart Hall also viewed these schools: Staunton Montessori School.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.